Zach Randolph fined $25,000
Rod Thorn, president of basketball operations, announced the fine Friday.
Randolph was unhappy Thursday night that James Harden, who was 2 for 9 from the floor, went to the free throw line 25 times. Harden was 9 of 11 at the line in the fourth quarter and became the first player in NBA history to register 27 points on two or fewer field goals.
The Grizzlies forward was given a technical late in the game.
Afterward, Randolph said the officials made the matchup eight-against-five and dictated the game with what he called "horrible refereeing."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Houston Rockets 16 oz Logo Tumbler