Landry Fields has wrist surgery
TORONTO -- Raptors forward Landry Fields will be sidelined for several weeks after having surgery on his right wrist.
The Raptors said it was a "minor surgical procedure" to an issue with the ulnar nerve in his hand. Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery in November 2012 to alleviate nerve compression in his right elbow.
The 25-year-old is expected to return to light practicing in three weeks. Fields has appeared in 23 games with one start this season, averaging 2.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 11.9 minutes.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Woodson 'bracing' for the worst
- D'Antoni meets with Lakers brass, job intact
- Silver: Making NBA age limit 20 top priority
- Kupchak says Kobe, Lakers on same page
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Toronto Raptors Gold Coin Etched Acrylic