Kevin Love (quad) sits out
MINNEAPOLIS -- All-Star forward Kevin Love missed Minnesota's game against Portland Saturday because of a bruised left quadriceps.
Love limped noticeably a couple hours before the scheduled tipoff. He told reporters he took a knee from New Orleans' Greg Stiemsma on Friday night in Minnesota's road loss.
Before the injury was announced, Love -- averaging 25.6 points and 13.3 rebounds -- said he had no plans of skipping the All-Star Game.
The Timberwolves also are without starting center Nikola Pekovic. He's sidelined by bursitis in his right ankle.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Blatt: LeBron belongs in MVP convo more
- Pierce laments injury to Kobe: 'He's an icon'
- Irving, James boost Cavs to 7th win in row
- Clippers' Barnes fined, blames Suns owner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Bulls Sticking With Warriors
- Derrick Rose and the Bulls stand in the way of 20 straight wins at home for the Warriors.