Hawks to waive Antawn Jamison
The Hawks sent the rights to shooting guard Cenk Akyol, a 2005 second-round pick now playing in Turkey, to the Los Angeles Clippers for Jamison. General manager Danny Ferry said he'd talk with Jamison to determine his interest in playing with the Hawks -- then on Friday, he announced that the team had requested waivers on Jamison.
The 37-year-old Jamison has appeared in 22 games this season, averaging 3.8 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.3 minutes.
Teague hurt his ankle in Wednesday's loss to Washington. The injury-riddled Hawks have lost seven in a row, but DeMarre Carroll is returning Friday after a three-game absence caused by a strained left hamstring.
Atlanta is also without center Al Horford, who had right pectoral muscle surgery.
The Hawks recalled Jared Cunningham from Bakersfield of the NBA Development League.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Atlanta Hawks Al Horford #15 Alternate Red Replica Jersey