Danny Granger, 76ers mull buyout
- [+] EnlargeRon Hoskins/Getty ImagesDanny Granger continues to weigh his options, including staying with the 76ers for the rest of the season, as the Saturday waiver deadline draws near.
Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that a buyout consummated before Saturday's midnight deadline for Granger to be waived and remain eligible to appear in this season's playoffs with any team he subsequently signs for remains the most likely outcome.
But sources also said Granger continues to weigh other options, including staying with the 76ers for the rest of the season, as the deadline draws near.
Sources said Tuesday the San Antonio Spurs and Granger share a mutual interest if the former All-Star comes to a buyout agreement with the Sixers by the weekend.
It's believed the Los Angeles Clippers will be another leading suitor for Granger's services should he become an unrestricted free agent next week.
Yet there are risks for Granger in parting company with the rebuilding Sixers. Granger would forfeit his Larry Bird rights in that case and likewise strip Philadelphia of the ability to sign-and-trade him this summer, both of which could impact his earning power in free agency.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index