Howard gets second shot in ankle
McHale said there was mostly soft tissue inflammation in the ankle, which has kept the All-Star center out of five of the team's last seven games.
Earlier Tuesday, Howard told the Houston Chronicle that he had also had the troublesome ankle drained of fluid, and that he had o return date in mind, but was "not worried at all" that the injury would linger for the reminder of the season.
Howard also told the Chronicle he would not play in Wednesday night's game in Toronto.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Houston Rockets Dwight Howard Gold Coin Photo Mint