Michael Carter-Williams has surgery
Carter had the surgery Tuesday at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. There is no timetable set for his recovery.
Team president and general manager Sam Hinkie says Carter-Williams had the surgery now to allow for maximum recovery time.
Carter-Williams was only the third player since 1950-51 to lead all rookies in scoring (16.7), rebounding (6.3) and assists (6.2), joining Oscar Robertson (1960-61) and Alvan Adams (1975-76). Allen Iverson is the only other player in Sixers history to win the rookie award.
The 11th overall pick from Syracuse in last year's draft, Carter-Williams is the first player picked 10th or lower to win since Mark Jackson did it in 1987 for New York.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Philadelphia 76ers Red Sheen Wristlet