Adam Morrison to play for Serbian team
Morrison's deal does not contain an NBA opt out clause, so the former No. 3 overall pick will be in Serbia for the duration of the season.
Overseas Player Tracker
Which players are planning to make the move overseas? Check out our chart for the latest info.
• Overseas tracker: Going abroad?
Mark Bartelstein, Morrison's Chicago-based representative, said Friday that there had been "real conversations" between the parties and acknowledged legitimate interest "on both sides" after overseas reports described the deal as all but done.
Morrison was on the Lakers' roster for two championships after being dealt to L.A. with Shannon Brown for Vladimir Radmanovic, but the 27-year-old has not been a rotation player since suffering a serious knee injury that cost him the entire 2007-08 season.
Morrison is determined to play and play a lot in the hopes of working his way back to the NBA.
Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Sources: Wolves eye PF Young if Love dealt
- Poll: LeBron's reputation near pre-Decision level
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Mitchell & Ness Men's Los Angeles Lakers Two-Tone Logo Hat