ESPN.com and the TrueHoop Network are ranking every NBA player -- and counting them down on Twitter (@NBAonESPN), from No. 500 to No. 1. As the rankings are announced, you can also find them here on the pages of ESPN.com.
What is #NBArank?
#NBArank is the Twitter hashtag to use if you want to get involved in the discussion or just follow along.
You can also follow along here: @NBAonESPN
How did we rank the players?
We asked 91 experts to rate each player on a 0-to-10 scale, in terms of "the current quality of each player."
Here is the full list of voters from ESPN.com, the TrueHoop Network, TrueHoop TV, Daily Dime Live, ESPN TV, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, espnW, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Insider, ESPN Fantasy, ESPN Games, ESPN Dallas, ESPN Los Angeles, ESPN Chicago, ESPN New York, ESPN Stats & Information, ESPN Topics and ESPN Analytics.
To decide which players to rank, we started with every player who played in the league last season, and then eliminated players who had signed overseas contracts that made them ineligible for the 2011-12 NBA season. Then we added the 60 members of the 2011 draft class, eliminating those not likely to play in the NBA by 2012. That left 500 players, according to our best information as of Aug. 15.
• Wednesday, Sept. 28: Players 91 to 100 announced
• Thursday, Sept. 29: Players 81 to 90 announced
• Friday, Sept. 30: Players 71 to 80 announced
• Monday, Oct. 1: Players 61 to 70 announced
• Tuesday, Oct. 2: Players 51 to 60 announced
Sacramento Kings | PF | Age: 21
Drafted: 5th in 2010 (by SAC)
Phila. 76ers | PG | Age: 21
Drafted: 17th in 2009 (by PHI)
Philadelphia 76ers | F | Age: 23
Drafted: 12th in 2007 (by PHI)
Cleveland Cavs | PF | Age: 28
Drafted: 30th in 2004 (by ORL)
Phoenix Suns | C | Age: 27
Drafted: 57th in 2005 (by PHX)
Dallas Mavericks | SF | Age: 31
Drafted: 10th in 2002 (by MIA)
L.A. Clippers | C | Age: 29
Drafted: 6th in 2003 (by LAC)
Denver Nuggets | PG | Age: 35
Drafted: 8th in 1999 (by CLE)
Utah Jazz | SF | Age: 30
Drafted: 24th in 1999 (by UTH)
* Score: Tiebreakers are first based on percentage points; scores have been rounded off. The second tiebreaker is based on John Hollinger's Estimated Wins Added for the 2010-11 NBA season (rookies were given an EWA of zero).