Kevin Love turns down Besiktas offer
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love informed Besiktas of Turkey on Sunday that he's turning down its offer to sign with the Istanbul-based club and team up with New Jersey Nets guard Deron Williams.
"I didn't feel it was the right decision for me at this time," Love told ESPN.com.
Overseas Player Tracker
Which players are planning to make the move overseas? Check out our chart for the latest info.
• Overseas tracker: Going abroad?
Love, though, said playing abroad if the lockout drags on "is still very much an option" he's considering.
But insurance payments to cover either Deng or Boozer are a big financial obstacle for Besiktas, which made well-publicized runs during the summer at Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant and also briefly employed Allen Iverson last season.
Yet it remains to be seen if Besiktas can indeed fund the signing of another NBA player in the wake of budget issues that have plagued the club in recent years. Two WNBA stars (Amber Harris and Jantel Lavender) recently left Besiktas' women's team in a dispute over late payments.
Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 White Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey