Cedric Ceballos hospitalized in Phoenix
PHOENIX -- Former NBA All-Star Cedric Ceballos has been hospitalized after what his publicist called "a series of small heart attacks."
Publicist Crystal Guy says Ceballos was scheduled to undergo surgery in Phoenix.
Ceballos averaged 21.3 points per game in 11 NBA seasons. In recent years, he served as the on-court master of ceremonies at Phoenix Suns home games.
The 42-year-old Ceballos issued a statement saying how fortunate he was to have decided to have his symptoms checked out at a hospital on Sunday. Ceballos thanked all who called in support but the family asked for privacy at this time.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
- Griz seize No. 7 slot from Mavs with OT win
- Thompson likens Griffin to 'bull in china shop'
- Bucks announce sale of team, won't move
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Phoenix Suns Chosen Orange Shorts