Bobcats sign draft pick Kemba Walker
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kemba Walker, the ninth pick in this year's NBA draft, has signed with the Charlotte Bobcats and will practice with the team today.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
An early entry candidate, the 6-foot-1 Walker led Connecticut to the 2011 NCAA championship and was named the Final Four's most outstanding player. He was a consensus first-team All-American and first-team All-Big East selection.
Walker is expected to begin the season as the team's backup point guard.
Last season, Walker averaged 23.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 37.6 minutes for the Huskies and was one of only two players in the nation to average 20 points, five rebounds and four assists.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
- Lin joins Lakers, says 'Linsanity' part of past
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2011 NBA OFFSEASON
- J.A. Adande retweeted
- Brian Windhorst retweeted