Source: Baron Davis clears waivers
Baron Davis has cleared amnesty waivers and is free to sign with any team, according to a league source.
Davis was waived by the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. He had two years and $28 million left on his contract.
Davis is currently recovering from two bulging discs in his back. His agent has told media outlets he will be out 8-10 weeks and he could wait to make his decision.
Davis averaged 13.1 points and 6.7 assists in 58 games for the Los Angeles Clippers and Cavs last season.
Brian Windhorst covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Pacers-Heat tilt NBA TV's top watched ever
- Westbrook, streaking Thunder beat Grizzlies
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2011 NBA OFFSEASON
- Little Earth Cleveland Cavaliers Cross-Body Maroon Sheen Purse