Nick Young re-signs with Wizards
The shooting guard led Washington in scoring last season with a career-high 17.4 points per game, more than doubling the 8.6 he averaged in the 2009-10 season.
His NBA career average is 10.9 points since being drafted in the first round by the Wizards in 2007.
Young's new contract was announced Monday, a day before Washington's second and last exhibition game, at the Philadelphia 76ers. In the Wizards' preseason opener, they had all sorts of problems on offense, making only 33 percent of their shots in a 103-78 loss to Philadelphia.
Washington opens the regular season Dec. 26 at home against the New Jersey Nets.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2011 NBA OFFSEASON
- Tervis Washington Wizards Team Logo 16 oz Tumbler With Lid