Grizzlies lose Darrell Arthur for season
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis forward Darrell Arthur will miss the season after an MRI exam confirmed a torn right Achilles tendon.
The Grizzlies announced the injury Tuesday. The 6-foot-9, 235-pound Arthur was hurt in practice Sunday and had the exam Monday. The team says he is scheduled for surgery within the next week but is expected to be ready for the start of the 2012-13 season.
Arthur, 23, averaged career highs with 9.1 points, 49.7 field goal percentage, 0.79 blocks and 20.1 minutes over 80 games last season. He averaged 7.1 points and 15.5 minutes during the Grizzlies' 13 playoff games last spring.
A 27th pick overall in 2008 by New Orleans, Arthur has played in 188 career games in three seasons all spent with Memphis.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Randolph, Griz fend off Knicks to end slide
- Bulls' Deng, Butler ruled out against Cavaliers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' Memphis Grizzlies Primary Logo Navy Long Sleeve Shirt