Pacers' arena undergoes name change
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers will now be playing in Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The NBA team announced the name change from Conseco Fieldhouse on Thursday along with executives of Carmel-based CNO Financial Group. The insurance company changed its name from Conseco Inc. last year and Bankers Life is one of its major product lines.
The Conseco name has been on the downtown Indianapolis arena since it opened in 1999 under a $40 million, 20-year naming-rights deal with the Pacers.
The Pacers say replacement of the arena's signs will be completed in early 2012.
The insurance company began phasing out use of the Conseco name after it went into a $61 billion bankruptcy reorganization in 2002.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Spalding Indiana Pacers Full-Sized Court Side Basketball