Bucks' Andrew Bogut sits out
The 7-foot Bogut fell backward and hit the back of his head on the floor while taking a charge during Thursday night's victory over Detroit.
Bucks coach Scott Skiles said Bogut failed a pregame test to check for concussion symptoms and was ruled out in accordance with the league's concussion policy.
"There a new rule on concussion protocol, he couldn't pass the test, so he's out," Skiles said, without elaborating.
Drew Gooden replaced Bogut in the starting lineup.
Bogut just returned Tuesday after missing four games to fly home to Australia to deal with a personal matter. The Bucks lost all four games he was out, and had won both games since he returned.
Bogut is averaging 13.5 points and 9.2 rebounds this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Woodson: Don't feel need to audition for job
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Milwaukee Bucks Ultimate Grey Long Sleeve Shirt