Al Horford has successful surgery
The procedure was performed Tuesday by Dr. Xavier Duralde of Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic. He was assisted by Hawks team physicians Michael Bernot and Ashok Reddy.
Horford sustained the injury going for a rebound in a Jan. 11 game at Indiana. He is expected to be out from three-to-four months.
The Hawks have won three straight since Horford went down. Atlanta hosts Portland on Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Griz's Pondexter has stress fracture in foot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks Navy Basic Knit Hat