Al Horford has successful surgery
The procedure was performed Tuesday by Dr. Xavier Duralde of Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic. He was assisted by Hawks team physicians Michael Bernot and Ashok Reddy.
Horford sustained the injury going for a rebound in a Jan. 11 game at Indiana. He is expected to be out from three-to-four months.
The Hawks have won three straight since Horford went down. Atlanta hosts Portland on Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks Al Horford #15 Game Time Navy T-Shirt