Utah's Derrick Favors fined $25,000
The league announced the fine Saturday.
The incident occurred with 24.8 seconds remaining in the third quarter in a physical game that saw four technicals called.
Favors, a second-year pro, acknowledged he lost his cool after getting called for another offensive foul.
Nowitzki wasn't penalized for his actions, though he did receive a technical at the end of the first half for spiking the ball hard onto the court.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett taking rest day Friday at Philly
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Little Earth Utah Jazz Cross-Body Navy Sheen Purse