Report: Eric Gordon nixes Hornets' offer
NEW ORLEANS -- A person familiar with the situation says guard Eric Gordon has turned down a four-year extension offer from the New Orleans Hornets, meaning he'll become a restricted free agent after the season.
The person, who spoke to The Associated Press late Wednesday night on condition of anonymity because negotiations had not been discussed publicly, did not disclose the financial terms of New Orleans' offer.
Gordon has averaged 21 points but has played in only two games this season because of his bruised right knee.
Hornets coach Monty Williams says Gordon is expected to miss at least three more weeks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' New Orleans Pelicans Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt