Report: Eric Gordon nixes Hornets' offer
NEW ORLEANS -- A person familiar with the situation says guard Eric Gordon has turned down a four-year extension offer from the New Orleans Hornets, meaning he'll become a restricted free agent after the season.
The person, who spoke to The Associated Press late Wednesday night on condition of anonymity because negotiations had not been discussed publicly, did not disclose the financial terms of New Orleans' offer.
Gordon has averaged 21 points but has played in only two games this season because of his bruised right knee.
Hornets coach Monty Williams says Gordon is expected to miss at least three more weeks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Kobe takes next starring role in documentary
- King of jersey sales: LeBron is tops in NBA
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans climalite Practice Navy T-Shirt