Stephen Jackson suspended 1 game
MILWAUKEE -- The NBA has suspended Milwaukee Bucks guard/forward Stephen Jackson one game for verbal abuse of an official and failure to leave the court in a timely manner in Friday night's loss at Chicago.
The league announced the suspension Saturday afternoon, a few hours before the Bucks were set to play the Los Angeles Lakers in Milwaukee. Jackson will serve his suspension against the Lakers, another setback for a team that already is facing an extended absence by injured center Andrew Bogut, who fractured his ankle earlier this week.
Jackson's incident occurred at the end of the Bucks' 107-100 road loss to the Bulls.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Milwaukee Bucks Brandon Jennings Swingman Revolution 30 Green Basketball Jersey