Jason Richardson out with chest pain
MIAMI -- Orlando guard Jason Richardson was a late scratch from the Magic starting lineup against Miami on Sunday after experiencing chest pain that he thought was associated with heartburn.
Richardson said the pain intensified when he tried running before the game, adding that the issue was "nothing to play with."
He is expected to be evaluated again Monday. Orlando lost the game 90-78. A team spokesman said the Magic do not expect the issue to be serious.
Orlando started J.J. Redick in Richardson's place, and Redick finished with a team-high 17 points. Richardson said he began experiencing discomfort on Saturday night, with the problem continuing into Sunday.
Richardson is averaging 12.2 points in 26 games this season for Orlando.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Orlando Magic Team NBA Bracelet