Jason Richardson out with chest pain
MIAMI -- Orlando guard Jason Richardson was a late scratch from the Magic starting lineup against Miami on Sunday after experiencing chest pain that he thought was associated with heartburn.
Richardson said the pain intensified when he tried running before the game, adding that the issue was "nothing to play with."
He is expected to be evaluated again Monday. Orlando lost the game 90-78. A team spokesman said the Magic do not expect the issue to be serious.
Orlando started J.J. Redick in Richardson's place, and Redick finished with a team-high 17 points. Richardson said he began experiencing discomfort on Saturday night, with the problem continuing into Sunday.
Richardson is averaging 12.2 points in 26 games this season for Orlando.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks fire Woodson, entire coaching staff
- Source: Wolves coach Adelman will retire
- Aldridge's 46 lead Blazers by Rockets in OT
- Heat use late charge, top Bobcats in Game 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Orlando Magic Game On Polycarbonate Hoop Set