Bucks: No surgery for Andrew Bogut
Bucks general manager John Hammond says doctors reviewed a CT scan performed on Bogut's ankle Tuesday and agreed his ankle is healing properly. He is still expected to miss 8-12 weeks.
Hammond said Friday that Bogut will be allowed to go to the next stage of his rehabilitation program and have another scan in about a month.
Bogut fractured his ankle Jan. 25 against Houston when his foot landed awkwardly on a Rockets player's foot. In 12 games this season, Bogut averaged 11.3 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.6 assists, one steal and 2.0 blocked shots in 30 minutes per game.
Bogut was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Houston Rockets Pub Table