AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Atlanta guard Joe Johnson was back in the lineup after missing four games because of left knee tendinitis.
Johnson returned for Friday night's 86-85 loss against the Detroit Pistons. He's averaging 17.6 points per game to lead the Hawks.
Atlanta played well in Johnson's absence, beating Milwaukee, Oklahoma City and Indiana before losing 89-86 at Miami on Wednesday.
Detroit's Charlie Villanueva was active Friday, but did not play. Villanueva hasn't played since Jan. 4 because of a right ankle problem.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Joe Johnson Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index