Cavs waive Ryan Hollins
Hollins, who came to Cleveland in a 2010 trade with Minnesota, averaged 3.7 points and 2.3 rebounds in 15.1 minutes per game. The 7-footer made seven starts and played in 24 games this season.
Hollins' release comes one day after Thompson scored a season-high 27 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in his second career start at center in a 105-100 win over the New Jersey Nets. Hollins was active but did not play.
Hollins made 16 starts for the Cavs last season. The 27-year-old was drafted in the second round in 2006 by Charlotte. He has also played for Dallas.
The Cavaliers play in Atlanta on Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose, Gasol back in lineup for Bulls vs. Jazz
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.