Grizzlies sign guard Gilbert Arenas
The Grizzlies announced the move Tuesday.
Arenas, who finished last season with the Orlando Magic, worked out for the Grizzlies on Monday.
The Magic had acquired Arenas in a trade with the Wizards in the middle of last season but elected to amnesty the mercurial veteran before the start of this season. Arenas averaged 8.0 points, 3.2 assists and 2.4 rebounds over 49 games in primarily a reserve role for Orlando.
The Grizzlies are looking to beef up their scoring as they seek a return to the postseason.
ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher and ESPNLosAngeles' Dave McMenamin contributed to this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Little Earth Orlando Magic Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse