Elliot Williams to miss rest of season
Williams dislocated his shoulder during practice March 8. The Blazers say he will have surgery March 30 in Los Angeles.
Averaging 3.7 points in his 24 appearances, the 6-foot-5 Williams had shown promise this season. He's scored 88 points in just 149 total minutes.
Williams' career got off to a rocky start, when his rookie season last year was postponed by surgery on both knees.
Acquired by Portland with the 22nd overall pick in the 2010 draft, Williams played at Memphis after transferring from Duke for personal reasons.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Lawmaker's 'NBA and crime' tweet draws ire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Portland Trail Blazers Authentic Practice Red Adjustable Hat
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index