Ricky Rubio undergoes surgery
Rubio was injured with 16 seconds to play in a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on March 9. The team initially announced that Rubio tore the ACL when his left knee buckled while trying to defend Kobe Bryant. But after the surgery, the team also announced that the rookie from Spain needed his LCL reconstructed as well.
No timetable has yet been set for his return. But team officials were optimistic last week that Rubio would be ready for the start of next season.
Dr. Richard Steadman performed the surgery.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Pacers crush Rockets to snap 2-game slide
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Kevin Love #42 Black Game Time T-Shirt