Rudy Fernandez has back surgery
The operation was performed by Dr. Sanjay Jantana.
Fernandez is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season but might be back for the playoffs.
He missed a dozen games with a lower back strain, which flared up against Dallas on March 19, prompting further evaluation.
Fernandez was acquired by the Nuggets along with Corey Brewer in exchange for a future second-round draft pick last December. He averaged 8.6 points, 2.1 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.03 steals in 31 games for Denver.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Ex-Suns forward Dumas arrested in Arizona
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Basic Blue Flex Hat