Kyrie Irving questionable
Irving injured his shoulder during Friday night's loss to Milwaukee in Cleveland. He traveled with the Cavaliers to New York and was evaluated Saturday morning by the team's training staff, which listed him as questionable for the game. The Cavaliers waited as long as possible before deciding that Irving wouldn't play.
A leading contender for NBA Rookie of the Year, Irving said after Friday's game that he was in pain. The top pick in last year's draft, he also revealed he separated his right shoulder as a high school sophomore.
Despite favoring his shoulder, Irving scored 29 points and made all six 3-point attempts in Cleveland's 121-84 loss to Milwaukee.
The Cavaliers had lost six straight and nine of 10, dropping them from the playoff chase.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Coach K: Bulls' call if Rose plays for USA
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Thompson to miss Warriors' game at Cavaliers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving #2 Wine Revolution 30 Replica Basketball Jersey