Chris Singleton doesn't regret tix
WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards rookie Chris Singleton says it was worth it to buy $10,000 worth of tickets for last week's Mega Millions lottery, adding it was "either that or blowing it in the clubs."
Singleton didn't win a share of the record-breaking top prize, but he said Monday that he did win some money. He's not sure how much because he hasn't gone through all of his tickets yet.
Singleton raised eyebrows last week when he tweeted: "I'm about to drop 10000 on the lottery and cross my fingers."
He maintains he actually did spend the $10,000 for the lottery that offered a $640 million prize. He says he bought the tickets at various locations because no individual outlet would have been able to print that many at once.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Down 25, Pacers rally to beat Pistons in OT
- Sixers' 20th straight loss ties franchise mark
- Wizards' 4th-quarter rally stuns Nets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Washington Wizards John Wall #2 Red Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey