Hedo Turkoglu to miss three weeks
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu will under surgery for a facial fracture and miss at least the final three weeks of the regular season.
The team announced the news late Friday, a day after Turkoglu left the second quarter of the Magic's 96-80 loss to the New York Knicks.
Turkoglu was defending a shot by Carmelo Anthony underneath the Knicks' basket and inadvertently hit across the face by Anthony. He did not return to the game.
His surgery is slated for Saturday. He will be re-evaluated after three weeks to determine his playoff availability. The Magic are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and play at Philadelphia on Saturday.
Turkoglu has played and started in 52 games this season, averaging 10.7 points, 4.5 assists and 3.8 rebounds.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- The Party Animal Orlando Magic Applique Banner Flag