Hedo Turkoglu to miss three weeks
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu will under surgery for a facial fracture and miss at least the final three weeks of the regular season.
The team announced the news late Friday, a day after Turkoglu left the second quarter of the Magic's 96-80 loss to the New York Knicks.
Turkoglu was defending a shot by Carmelo Anthony underneath the Knicks' basket and inadvertently hit across the face by Anthony. He did not return to the game.
His surgery is slated for Saturday. He will be re-evaluated after three weeks to determine his playoff availability. The Magic are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and play at Philadelphia on Saturday.
Turkoglu has played and started in 52 games this season, averaging 10.7 points, 4.5 assists and 3.8 rebounds.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Nets officially sign Collins for rest of season
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- For Bare Feet New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony Sublimated Sock