The Hornets say the injury occurred during New Orleans' victory over Memphis on Sunday night.
The 7-foot Kaman missed the Hornets' win at Charlotte on Monday night.
Kaman, a ninth-year pro who'll be a free agent this summer, was acquired by New Orleans -- along with Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu and a first-round draft pick -- in a deal that sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers before the regular season.
In 47 games, including 33 starts, Kaman averaged 13.1 points, 7.7 rebounds and a team-leading 1.6 blocks per game. He led the team in rebounding 21 times and in scoring 10 times.
Kaman also had a team-leading 15 double-doubles.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's LA Clippers Chris Paul Replica Revolution 30 Red Basketball Jersey
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index