Hornets shut down Chris Kaman
The Hornets say the injury occurred during New Orleans' victory over Memphis on Sunday night.
The 7-foot Kaman missed the Hornets' win at Charlotte on Monday night.
Kaman, a ninth-year pro who'll be a free agent this summer, was acquired by New Orleans -- along with Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu and a first-round draft pick -- in a deal that sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers before the regular season.
In 47 games, including 33 starts, Kaman averaged 13.1 points, 7.7 rebounds and a team-leading 1.6 blocks per game. He led the team in rebounding 21 times and in scoring 10 times.
Kaman also had a team-leading 15 double-doubles.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Stern praises Silver for handling of Sterling
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Clippers Chris Paul #3 Red Gametime T-Shirt