Warriors start five rookies in finale
Thompson, Jenkins and Tyler are all Warriors draft picks, while Wright was a training camp invitee and Gladness joined the team after signing a 10-day contract earlier this month.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, which has been tracking the stat since the 1970-71 season, it's the first time an NBA team has started five rookies in a game.
The Spurs were also without coach Gregg Popovich, who is tending to a personal matter.
Golden State has been plagued by injuries all season. Point guard Stephen Curry, who underwent surgery on his right ankle Wednesday, played in just 26 games this season. Forward David Lee missed the final eight games with an abdominal injury. He had surgery earlier Thursday and will be restricted from on-court activities for 4-6 weeks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- Aldridge, Blazers outduel Howard, Rockets
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Golden State Warriors Basic Royal Knit Hat