Luc Mbah a Moute has knee surgery
The team says Mbah a Moute had surgery Friday in Los Angeles. The 6-foot-8 forward is expected to make a full recovery and be ready for training camp in October.
Mbah a Moute missed 19 games this season, including the last three of the regular season, because of soreness and tendinitis in his right knee. In 22 starts this season, the four-year NBA veteran averaged a career-high 7.7 points per game while shooting a career-best 51 percent from the field. He added 5.5 rebounds in 23.5 minutes per game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose sits out practice, expected to play Wed.
- Final Team USA cut could come by Thursday
- Veteran NBA ref Bavetta retires after 39 years
- Ex-Bucks coach Drew added to Cavs' staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Finals
- Israel Gutierrez retweeted