Game 1 sets ABC ratings mark
The 105-94 win in Oklahoma City earned a 11.8 overnight Nielsen rating, up 10 percent over last year's Finals Game 1 between the Heat and Mavericks. The previous record for a Game 1 was 11.6 in a 2004 game between the Pistons and Lakers.
In Oklahoma City, Game 1 netted a 44.3 rating, the best ever for an NBA game in the market. The rating was 30.5 in Miami.
The ratings news comes on the heels of Game 7 of the East finals between the Heat and Celtics earning the top rating for an NBA game on cable.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cousins replaces Kobe on West All-Star team
- Kobe 'sore' but eyeing return in September
- Sources: Magic on verge of firing Vaughn
- Pau met with standing ovation in L.A. return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Finals
- Dave McMenamin retweeted
- TrueHoop TV retweeted
- Israel Gutierrez retweeted
- Kevin Arnovitz retweeted