Celtics, Mavs to play in Europe
NEW YORK -- Dallas and Boston will play exhibition games next season in Europe, including a homecoming in Germany for Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki.
The NBA announced Monday that the Mavs will play eight-time German champions Alba Berlin at Berlin's O2 arena on Oct. 6.
The Celtics will open the NBA Europe Live tour Oct. 5 in Istanbul against five-time Turkish champ Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul. Boston will then move to Milan, Italy, to face Italian power EA7 Emporio Armani on Oct. 7.
The NBA says the Mavericks will play an additional game in Spain, with details still to be announced.
The Europe Live series, featuring exhibition games between NBA and Euroleague teams, is in its sixth year.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.