Eric Gordon gets qualifying offer
The move, which allows New Orleans to match any offer Gordon receives from another team, was expected. The Hornets previously have stated they intend to re-sign the 24-year-old guard and build around him.
Gordon was limited to only nine games last season because of a bruised right knee that required minor surgery.
He averaged a team-high 20.6 points, and New Orleans was 6-3 when he played. Gordon led New Orleans in scoring in eight of the nine games in which he played.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans CLIMALITE Practice Navy T-Shirt