Cavs make RFA offer to Alonzo Gee
CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers have extended a $2.7 million qualifying offer to swingman Alonzo Gee, making him a restricted free agent.
The club can now match any offer made during the free agency signing period to Gee, who averaged 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 63 games -- 31 starts- last season.
Gee was one of the Cavs' most improved players and general manager Chris Grant said keeping the former D-League player "is a priority for us." Gee began the season as a reserve but worked his way into the starting lineup.
Gee is expected to draw interest from other teams.
Harangody averaged 2.9 points and 2.5 rebounds in 21 games and made one start. Erden averaged 3.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 28 games, making nine starts.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers climalite Primary Logo Navy T-Shirt