Pistons, Vyacheslav Kravtsov agree
"Vyacheslav intends to sign a player contract with the Pistons when the moratorium period ends," Kravtsov's representative, Jeff Schwartz, said Sunday night.
Pistons president Joe Dumars confirmed the negotiations in a statement Monday.
"We are engaged in negotiations with Vyacheslav Kravtsov and will enter into a player contract when the moratorium period ends," he said in the statement.
July 11 is the first day NBA players can sign new contracts, but handshake agreements are permissible in the interim.
The 7-footer turns 25 in August and played for the Boston Celtics' summer-league team in 2010 after going undrafted in 2009.
Kravtsov averaged 10.6 points and 5.5 rebounds in 22 minutes per game last season for BC Donetsk in the Ukranian league. Scouts regard him as an excellent athlete who plays above the rim and is primarily known for his defensive abilities as a rebounder and shot blocker.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili take seat for Spurs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Rodney Stuckey #3 Blue Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey