The Palace to undergo renovations
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The home of the Detroit Pistons is getting an overhaul.
Palace Sports and Entertainment said Wednesday that it plans to spend $13 million to $15 million to make improvements at the Palace of Auburn Hills, including renovations to its main concourse and 40 suites. Another 16 suites will be removed to make way for an open-air lounge.
Most of the work should be done before the season begins this fall.
PS & E says the improvement plan is the building's largest enhancement project since 2006, when the $30 million, 65,000-square-foot Comcast Pavilion was completed.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Detroit Pistons Team NBA Keychain