Spurs re-sign guard Patty Mills
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- The San Antonio Spurs have re-signed guard Patty Mills.
The Spurs announced the move Friday without disclosing terms.
The 6-foot Australian was signed by the Spurs on March 27. He played in 16 games, three of them starts, and averaged 10.3 points, 2.4 assists and 1.8 rebounds in 16.3 minutes.
He set career-highs for points and assists in his final two games of the regular season. On April 25, he got a career-best 27 points at Phoenix and then surpassed that the following night in Golden State by scoring 34 points and getting a career-high 12 assists.
Mills spent part of last season playing in Australia and China. He originally was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers in 2009.
He's a member of Australia's Olympic team.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Danny Green #4 Grey T-Shirt