Xavier Silas needs surgery on face
Silas was injured Friday in Orlando, Fla., when he took an inadvertent elbow to the head by teammate Solo Jones. Silas also suffered a concussion.
The Sixers say Silas needs surgery Saturday where doctors will fuse several frontal sinus fractures. There is no timetable for his return.
Silas did not appear in any regular season games with the Sixers after signing with them in April.
Silas tried to block a shot against the Pistons on Friday when Jones made contact with the head. Sixers guard Evan Turner wrote on Twitter that he spoke with Silas and "Thank god he's alright."
He went undrafted after playing at collegiately at Colorado and Northern Illinois University.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- Wolves cool Blazers behind Love's big night
- Clips overwhelm Pelicans in Davis' return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers Royal Basic Knit Hat