Andris Biedrins faces tax case
Aiga Senberga, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office, says Biedrins and two others are suspects. She declined to identify the other two.
Senberga said Monday that if Biedrins is found guilty he could face a fine of $70,000 or a maximum five-year prison sentence. She did not say how much Biedrins allegedly owes in taxes.
Latvian media report that the 26-year-old player has already met with prosecutors to give evidence. Biedrins joined the Warriors when he was 18.
A Warriors spokesman said Monday that the team did not have any comment.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Kings rally late to claim summer-league title
- LeBron kicks off tour of China with pianist
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Golden State Warriors Cue Rack