Bobcats pull Derrick Brown's offer
The team announced the move Wednesday, making Brown an unrestricted free agent.
Brown was selected by Charlotte with the 40th overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft. He averaged career-highs of 8.1 points and 3.6 rebounds and 22.2 minutes in 65 games last season for the NBA-worst Bobcats. He's played in 171 games during his three-year NBA career with the Bobcats and New York Knicks, but became expendable after the team drafted small forwards Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeffrey Taylor.
He's the second Bobcats restricted free agent who has had his qualifying offer rescinded.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
- D'Antoni: Lakers can make playoffs, need luck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- Spalding Charlotte Bobcats Full-Sized Court Side Basketball