Wolves net Dante Cunningham in deal
Cunningham was selected by the Portland Trail Blazers in the second round of the 2009 NBA draft. In three seasons, the 6-foot-8 forward has averaged 5.2 points, on 48.5 percent shooting, and 3.3 rebounds in 205 games.
Cunningham started the 2010-11 season with Portland before being traded to the Charlotte Bobcats. He signed with Memphis on Dec. 20, 2011, and averaged 5.2 points, shooting a career-best 51.6 percent from the field last season. The 25-year-old grabbed a career-high 3.8 rebounds per game,
Ellington averaged 6.5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 189 games over three seasons with the Wolves. Minnesota drafted Ellington in the first round of the 2009 NBA draft.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Randolph, Griz fend off Knicks to end slide
- Bulls' Deng, Butler ruled out against Cavaliers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Ricky Rubio #9 Blue Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey