Report: Rockets sign Carlos Delfino
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been officially announced.
The 6-foot-6 Delfino played in the Olympics, where he helped Argentina finish fourth. Delfino averaged 15.3 points in London, where he was a teammate with former Rocket Luis Scola. Delfino also played on Argentina's gold-medal winning team in Athens in 2004 and the bronze-medal team in Beijing 2008.
A first-round pick by Detroit in 2003, Delfino has played his past three seasons with Milwaukee. He averaged 11.5 points, 4.1 rebounds and 32.5 minutes in 2010-11, his most productive NBA season.
The Houston Chronicle and KRIV-TV first reported the deal.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder handle Grizzlies to win at home
- Well off pace: Hawks hammer No. 1 Indiana
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Nets claim opener as D-Will has 24
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Houston Rockets Carpet Tiles