Magic round out coaching staff
Vaughn and general manager Rob Hennigan announced Thursday that the team hired James Borrego, Wes Unseld Jr. and Brett Gunning to serve as Vaughn's main assistants. Laron Profit and Luke Stuckey will lead player development, and Gordon Chiesa was hired as a special consultant to Vaughn.
Borrego spent the past two seasons as an assistant in New Orleans. Unseld was a Golden State assistant last season after a stint as a Washington assistant. Gunning served several roles with Houston the past four years.
Profit played four seasons in the NBA and Stuckey coached high school basketball in California the last four years.
The Magic open training camp on Oct. 1.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: 76ers fighting new lottery proposal
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Sources: Lakers bring in Beasley for workout
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Orlando Magic Pub Table