Nets, Andray Blatche agree
Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
Blatche was released in July by the Washington Wizards via the amnesty process.
The Nets have been looking for additional depth up front with no traditional center on the roster behind starter Brook Lopez. They recently auditioned Eddy Curry and Hilton Armstrong, but Armstrong signed a contract to play in Greece the next day.
Blatche, 26, is obviously not a traditional center but is seen as a potential bargain after his release by the Wizards in July and a summer of productive workouts with Houston-based John Lucas.
The 6-foot-11, 267-pounder averaged career highs of 16.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for the Wizards in 2010-11, but was finally amnestied by Washington after years of on- and off-court ups and downs.Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- Report: NBA considering 7-day All-Star break
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey