Cavaliers sign Alonzo Gee
Gee, 25, had a breakout season for the Cavs in 2012, averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 63 games. The 6-foot-6 Gee made 31 starts and was the Cavs' most improved player. Coach Byron Scott was impressed with Gee's development and was hoping the team would be able to re-sign him.
Cavs general manager Chris Grant said keeping Gee was a priority in the offseason, and the team is "excited he will be part of our team as our young group of players continues to grow together."
Gee played in the NBA's Development League in 2010. He previously played for San Antonio and Washington before Cleveland signed him.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant's 42 help OKC secure second seed
- Griz seize No. 7 slot from Mavs with OT win
- Thompson likens Griffin to 'bull in china shop'
- Bucks announce sale of team, won't move
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Cleveland Cavaliers Cuffed Pom Knit Hat